Competition begins at 1:15 PM on Saturday
- Each competitor must supply his or her own model.
- Extensions are allowed but must be done in advance.
- All styling tools are allowed. One electrical outlet will be provided.
- The use of color is optional, but must be done in advance and must complement the finished style.
- There will be 5 minutes allotted after the competition to finish dressing or accessioning your model.
- Judging will be at the completion of the 45 minute contest.
- Models will be judged as a total look (Head Toe)
- On completion of judging, all competitor’s models will be photographed by an official photographer; this may be used for future marketing or advertising purposes.
- The judges’ decision is final.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Only currently licensed cosmetologists or enrolled students qualify for entry into the event.
- Competitors must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Any competitor that arrives after the starting time will forfeit all time lapsed, and/or may be disqualified.
- All competitors must furnish their own supplies, equipment and models.
- Phones, iPods or MP3 Players are not allowed on the competition floor.
- Coaching from the audience will cause the competitor to be penalized.
- All competitors and models must sign a release form. The form allows Hill Country Conferences to use any photos taken during the event for industry and non-industry publication and promotion of this and future events and that you agree that you have read and understood the rules of the competition.
- HCC reserves the right to cancel any competition with less than five competitors. In the event of a cancellation, competitors will be notified by phone and email no later than one (1) week before the competition.
- Hill Country Conferences and the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center shall not be responsible or liable for models or any damages arising out of work performed on model’s hair.
- Hill Country Conferences and the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center shall not be held accountable or liable for any damages, loss, harm or injury to competition participants or models.
- Participants must have all of their equipment ready to begin at the allocated time (you will not be allowed to borrow from other competitors).
- Each participant will be provided with one (1) electrical outlet on the competition floor. Only one (1) item may be plugged into the outlet at a time.
Competition begins at 1:15 PM on Saturday. Stylists and models please arrive by 12:30 to check-in.
From up-dos, to braids or sleek and slicked back tight, styling and finishing are a vital aspect to every completed look.
Utilizing the theme "Love is in the Hair," current trends, and your own artistic innovation and flare for inspiration, come show us your best in styling and finishing!
Terms and Conditions
© 2020 Made with Hill Country Conferences